Sunday, April 06, 2008

FIRE4INNOVATION - My first offical Entreprenuer group

I officially started my entrepreneur career 2 yrs back after realizing few practical realities of implementation. Prior to this official start, I was searching for the ONE THING and had started to outline all domains where I can fit into. Then shortlisted Entertainment and IT as it has something to do me with or my experience. As a daily routine, I had to come up with at least 1 idea which I thought was little creative against the existing process and procedures. The next thing would be google on the idea and industry to find exactly where I stand in the world. As a matter of fact, initially, it was obvious for me to realize that I just woke up from the sleep when compared against the world. As, I was getting exhausted doing this exercise, I had to find a way to keep this thought process live and I saw few thing in me first. In the first place I was not a creative person and also was not a technically sound enough who can write the most weirdest algorithms, there were so many qualities which does not exist in me and so to fill this gap I just looked at the corporate world and then wanted to do the same thing ..... get the resources who has the right skill set and collective thought process is 100 times better than single mans thought process. I started a group FIRE4INNOVATION with couple of my trusted friends calling them up and lecturing, provoking 'em about entrepreneurship. The rules for the group was, each has to post a new topic of discussion and other has to post their comments against it. There was a good brainstroming session going around in the group and to keep up the spirit I injected a rule saying 'if the member of the group does not respond for a week he will be outcasted out of the group'. I had once thrown out all of the members out of the group and then got them back to re-start the discussions. One thing I realized that provoking someone for entrepreneurship will never make it happen in 90% cases but there are little chances that they could at least start on that path of the career if they of that kind.

List of things I learned out of this exercise:

  1. Anything you do should be targeted with timeline strictly with self disciple.
  2. Always discuss your idea with a group of ppl who can at least think, as no one here is god to know everything or even thing in every direction.
  3. Take the +ve side of the discussion and research the -ve side. Rather than getting emotional try to find and prove that -ve point with analysis and convince the other person. With my experience this exercise will remove at least 5% of your assumption around the idea and will also get you into the idea analysis stage - or even called as MARKET RESEARCH in terms of Business Plan.
  4. NEVER IGNORE ANY POINT OF ARGUMENT as this could cover your primary risk identification and mitigation plan.

    I always kept telling ppl one thing - a difference between Business Vs Entrepreneurship. Making money with money is Business Vs Making money with value and service with a passion of creativity and innovation is Entrepreneurship . Money is one thing which entrepreneur’s are least worried about at least in the stage of nurturing their idea or framing out the plan of implementation or execution.

    I will talk about the outcome of these discussions into a VENTURE in my later blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home